[SPN-Discussion] Manhattan Solid Waste Advisory Board Invites you to our Fall Awards & Fundraiser Event 11/28

Sarah Currie-Halpern scurrie541 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 06:11:53 PST 2012

PLEASE JOIN the MSWAB for our Fall Fundraiser <http://swab2012.bpt.me/>!
  We will honor local composters from all over Manhattan who were awarded
our 2012 composting grants.
Overlooking spectacular views of the Hudson River and Downtown Manhattan
from the 48th Floor at One Bryant Park.
Wine, beer, soda and hors d'oeuvres will be served.

Purchase tickets here. <http://swab2012.bpt.me/>

The Manhattan Solid Waste Advisory Board
(SWAB)<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manhattan-Solid-Waste-Advisory-Board/212910742107189>
is a
non-profit organization appointed by the borough president,
 dedicated to increasing recycling, reducing solid waste, and advancing
solid waste policy in New York City.

 The event will be zero-waste; all materials will be collected for
recycling and food scraps will be composted.

*GRANT AWARDEES include:* 12th Street EM Model Project c/o Lower East Side
Ecology Center, Columbia Secondary School, Corlears School, East 110th
Street Tenants' Association, The Herb Garden, Maggie's Garden, P.S. 1
School Garden, P.S. 2 - Meyer London School, P.S. 6, P.S. 40 Super Green
Eco Team , P.S. 110, P.S. 361 P.T.A.  The Children's Workshop School ,
Riverside-Inwood Neighborhood Garden, Riverside Valley Community Garden,
Union Settlement Association, Union Theological Seminary Edible Churchyard,
and Urban Assembly New York Harbor School.

*Thank you to our sponsors,* who include Durst Organization, Envac, Royal
Waste Services, Sims Metal Management, and Central Iron & Metal Co Inc.!

*Tickets are available in advance:*
$15 for students with valid photo ID (ID will be checked at the door)
$30 for all other attendees

*Sponsors and additional contributions are encouraged. *Please contact
Maite (Maite.Quinn at simsmm.com,) Matt (MattSGoodman at gmail.com,) or Sarah (
scurrie at sac-marketing.com) for more details and sponsor benefits.

*All proceeds will go to next year**'**s composting grants and other SWAB
initiatives.*

*
*

______________________