[SPN-Discussion] Call for Summer 2015 Interns - Human Impacts Institute

Lena Golze Desmond lenagd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:53:01 PDT 2015

Dear SPN Listserv,

I'm the Program Manager of the Human Impacts Institute
<http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/>, a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in
Brooklyn, with a focus on environmental education and creative climate
action, and we're recruiting interns for our Summer 2015 session. I'm
including a short blurb below, and also attach a formal PDF Call for
Interns - please feel free to share widely with your mailing lists!

Best,
Lena Desmond
--
Program Manager

Human Impacts Institute
p: +1 917 727 9761
w: www.humanimpactsinstitute.org
_________________________________

Are you looking to work in NYC, but still be outside? Are you interested in
environmental education - or getting more education about environmental
issues? Are you interested in finding new ways to combine science,
advocacy, and creative arts? As a *Human Impacts Institute
<http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/>* Crew member, you'll have the
opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with our dynamic team.

Strong preference will be given to applicants who can receive college
credit (undergraduate or graduate) or occupational training credits. This
will be an unpaid internship – but we (hope) you’ll also be richly rewarded
in fun experiences, meeting new people, and making new connections! Interns
are encouraged to apply for outside funding assistance.

All available internships will have flexibility in scheduling, however,
interns will be expected to work on-site (at East River State Park in
Brooklyn) at least *20 hours per week*. Applicants must have an expressed
interest in environmental issues, education, policy development,
international relations, research, coalition building, and/or
not-for-profit organizational work.  You will be a great Human Impacts Crew
member if you’re: self-motivated, organized, a team player, creative, and
like diversity in your days (think taking care of oysters in the morning,
attending climate salons in the evening).

We currently offer the following internships:

   - Experiential Education
   - Environmental Leadership
   - Creative Design
   - NGO Management