[SPN-Discussion] Human Impacts Institute Summer Programming

Lena Golze Desmond programs at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Sun Aug 23 08:58:02 PDT 2015

To all the SPN-listserv folks,

The temperatures may be getting slightly more bearable - but the summer's
certainly not over at the *Human Impacts Institute!
<http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org>*

Our East River State Park Summer Series is still going strong, with events
every Tuesday through October 10th. All events are free and open to the
public.

You can check out and RSVP for the events on our *Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute/events>*, on our *website
<http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/#!events/c1gsu>*, or listed below
here. And of course, if you sign up for our *newsletter
<http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/#!form/c1xuj>*, you'll get news about
upcoming events delivered right to your e-door.

Warmly,
Lena Desmond
Program Manager
Human Impacts Institute
p: +1 917 727 9761
w: www.humanimpactsinstitute.org

__________________

September Experiential Education Programming in NYC

Oysters 101

Tuesday, September 8th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Learn about the oysters busy cleaning our waterways and help us monitor our
very own oyster cages at East River State Park. Co-hosted by the Billion
Oyster Project. Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Tree Care Tuesday

Tuesday, September 15th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join the Human Impacts Institute for our final Tree Care Tuesday of the
season, as we care for local trees and greenspace! Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

DIY Bike Repair

Tuesday, September 22nd, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join us for this DIY bike repair workshop (bring your bikes if you have
one!) Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Human Impact Stories Exhibit

Saturday, September 26th, 2pm-4pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join us for the opening of our first Human Impact Stories Exhibit and
explore the many ways you can address climate change in NYC through
movement, hands-on learning, and direct action. Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

October Experiential Education Programming in NYC

History of the East River State Park

Saturday October 3rd, 2pm-4pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Learn about the history of East River State Park and the North Brooklyn
Waterfront and see how you can make history in supporting our precious
green space! Co-hosted by the Neighbors Allied for Good Growth (NAG). Register
today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Green Ghost Stories

Saturday October 11th, 2pm-4pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join us in “eco” ghost stories along the waterfront and get in the
halloween spirit early! Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>