[SPN-Discussion] 2016 Creative Climate Awards Call for Artists!

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Thu Apr 14 14:30:20 PDT 2016

Hello great Creative Climate Awards Partners, Supporters, and Applicants,

We are happy to officially announce the Human Impacts Institute's
<http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> 2016 Creative Climate Awards call
for artists.   We'd love your help in spreading the word to get the best
and most creative international artists, musicians, actors, dancers, and
filmmakers to submit to have a monthlong exhibit on 42nd street and to have
the chance to win $2000!

Thanks for your support and for working with us to make our sixth annual
Creative Climate Awards the best one ever.

Warmly,

Tara

*Attached:* PDF Call for artists

*​OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS*

*2016 Creative Climate Awards *

*How will you inspire climate action? *

The Human Impacts Institute’s Creative Climate Awards are an annual series
of events that showcase artists creating climate-inspired, public works. In
an effort to inspire us to think more critically about our actions and
their impacts, the Creative Climate Awards program uses the arts and
creativity to share knowledge, broaden the climate conversation, educate,
and incite action.

These events are an opportunity to creatively engage tens-of-thousands of
people in positive action around the challenges posed by climate change,
while having your work seen by our judges---some of the top artists,
curators, and international leaders in the world.

*Apply for FREE online a*t HumanImpactsInstitute.org/CreativeClimateAwards
<http://HumanImpactsInstitute.org/CreativeClimateAwards>

*Submissions Due 11:30PM May 31st *

*​​**WHAT WE ACCEPT *

   - All 2D works, including graphic design, drawings, painting,
   photographs, collage, and mixed media
   - Films (both shorts and feature length)
   - Performative works , including dance, theatre, music, and other works

*WHAT YOU GET *

   - First place cash prize of $2,000
   - Month long exhibit at 42nd St. gallery in Manhattan, NYC
   - Work viewed by our judges

*TIMELINE *

   - Submissions Due: 11:30 pm, May 31st
   - Selections Announced: June 15th
   - Opening Party: September 27th
   - Film Screening 1: October 6th
   - Film Screening 2: October 13th
   - Film Screening 3: October 20th
   - Closing Awards: October 27th

*NOTE: *Artists are responsible for costs of shipping works to and from
NYC. All performers must be able to perform in NYC between September 27th
and October 27th, 2016.

*Thanks to the Taipei Economic Cultural Office in NYC and the Global Crisis
Information Network, Inc. for their support. *

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.