[SPN-Discussion] GreenHomeNYC: February Forum--Water Management in the City

Pamela Berns pam at greenhomenyc.org
Thu Feb 11 03:00:14 PST 2016

*GreenHomeNYC * February Forum: Water Management in the City
<http://greenhomenyc.org/forum/february-forum-water-management-in-the-city/>

Water is a central aspect of all of our lives, and yet the complexities we
face with managing it in a city of nearly 8.5 million people, often fly
under the radar. Constantly supplying it, managing demand, keeping it
clean, protecting ourselves from it (i.e. sewage, storms, sea level rise,
etc), using it more efficiently and also teaching people about it, are all
critically important to keeping such a massive city running. At a time
where one American city is facing a major health crisis due to water
contamination, we want to examine what is being done in our own city to
keep us healthy and safe, and what we can do to support that. For our
February Forum, we will hear about how the City of New York manages water
in the present and the plans being pursued for the future.

 –