[SPN-Discussion] Politics and the Environment, on the road again this fall

Eban Goodstein ebangood at bard.edu
Wed Jul 27 11:43:18 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

With the election season upon us, I will again be out speaking to community groups and on campuses as part of the Politics and Environment Education Project. <http://www.bard.edu/cep/politicsandenvironment/>
Please let me know if you would be interested in me giving a non-partisan presentation this fall on the history of US environmental politics: How we moved from an era of bipartisan compromise and global policy leadership, to an era of partisan gridlock, and what the future might hold.  The talk is titled: “Republicans, Democrats and Sustainability:  Recovering Bipartisan Environmental Politics”, and there is an on-line version here <https://bluejeans.com/playback/s/o9mgRLaDr2SVVbpPCMMmugKFR5CmEFtI5CsrevNwFFjE0tb8W1d7oDRUbgD0VL9z>.

The talk can be a public lecture, a brown bag, or for a class, and there is no cost for the presentation.

While on campus, I also typically give a career talk to junior/senior environmental studies classes: “How to Get a Job Saving the Planet: Sustainability Leadership Careers in NGO’s, Business and Policy”. The talk covers many of the topics in this article. <http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1089/SUS.2015.0001>
Politics and Environment has a list of thirty additional speakers <http://www.bard.edu/cep/politicsandenvironment/speakers/> also able to give a similar non-partisan talk on environmental politics, at no charge, in states across the country. Please contact me if you would like to get in touch with one of these speakers, sign up to be a speaker yourself, or just want more information.

The Bard Center for Environmental Policy <http://www.abrd.edu/cep> is also focusing our fall webinar series on the general topic of Politics and the Environment:

7-Sep    From Consensus to Gridlock to the Future
                Eban Goodstein <http://www.bard.edu/cep/about/faculty/>, Bard CEP
21-Sep   Rebuilding BiPartisan Support for Climate Action
                 Fred Rich <http://fredericrich.com/getting-to-green/>, Author Getting to Green
5-Oct     TBD
19-Oct   The Youth Vote & the Environment
                 Alica Prevost <http://defendourfuture.org/the-team/>, Defend Our Future
2-Nov    Common Threat, Common Ground
                 Liz Joyner, <http://tothevillagesquare.org/about-us/> The Village Square
16-Nov  Climate and the Election: Post Mortem
                 Bill Mckibben <http://350.org/bill/>, 350.org <http://350.org/>
All talks are at noon eastern. Log-in information to follow.

It is going to be a momentous fall, and our communities will be eager for some historical perspective. Thanks for the work you are doing,

Eban

--

Eban Goodstein
Director, Bard Center for Environmental Policy &