[SPN-Discussion] SPN l Pratt School of Architecture Panel: 'What's Old is New Again - The Biophilic Workplace', October 18, 2016

SPN Events events at sustainabilitypractice.net
Mon Oct 17 06:19:15 PDT 2016

Panel Discussion Invitation
'The Biophilic Workplace - What's Old is New Again'
 ……………………………………………………………………………
Host
Pratt Institute School of Architecture
Programs for Sustainable Planning and Development

Join us tomorrow night!

RSVP:  events at sustainabilitypractice.net <mailto:events at sustainabilitypractice.net>
Date: October 18, 2016

Time:  6:00 – 8:00pm

Venue:  Pratt School Architecture, Programs for Sustainable Planning and Development - 144 West 14th Street, New York, NY

Moderator: Catie Ryan, LEED AP BD+C, Sr. Project Manager, Terrapin Bright Green

Panelists: Narada Golden, Principal, YRG; Helena van Vliet, AIA, Principal at Helena van Vliet Architect LLC; Jonce Walker LEED AP, CSBA, Sr. Project Manager, Terrapin Bright Green

Topic:  'What's Old is New Again - The Biophilic Workplace'
What’s old is new again. As we become an increasingly urban population, living in zero-culture ecosystems, it has become necessary to re-discover nature in ways that were intuitive just a few generations ago. Daylight - yes please! Multi-directional views to the outside - yep! Visual diversity, texture, color, prospect, and refuge - of course! The biophilic workplace has become emblematic of this re-discovery effort by both designers and corporations - perhaps as a way to improve both occupant experience and productivity while also providing a counterpoint to how far afield we’ve wandered in the name of progress in shaping the places we work and live.

Join us for a lively discussion with practitioners on the leading edge of biophilic design. How can biophilic principles support a healthier, more resilient urban environment? What does a biophilic workplace look like? Does it really provide tangible benefits to productivity and the bottom line? What bioinspired innovative strategies and products are being developed? Come find out.

About the Sponsors:

The Sustainability Practice Network (SPN) is a New York based inter-disciplinary community of professionals who seek to learn and share knowledge to advance sustainable development across sectors and disciplines. We mobilize our members to practice sustainability in their lives and work. Our mission is to raise awareness of the importance of individual and corporate sustainability and thereby create a more stable and equitable world.

Pratt Institute School of Architecture, Programs for Sustainable Planning and Development (PSPD) is an alliance of five urbanism programs with a shared value placed on urban sustainability and equity. The primary mission of the PSPD is to provide a professionally oriented education to a student body with diverse cultural and disciplinary backgrounds, and with diverse aspirations with regard to their careers and activity.