[SPN-Discussion] Sat. April 22, Noon NYC Earth Day Rally at Foley Square

Elisa Dicaprio lisa.dicaprio at nyu.edu
Tue Apr 4 15:21:48 PDT 2017

Dear all: Please attend this Saturday, noon to 1:30 p.m. Earth Day rally
that I am helping to organize. Thank you! Lisa

*Saturday April 22, 2017 - Earth Day NYC Rally to Stop Trump's Climate
Agenda*
DATE AND TIME; SATURDAY, APRIL 22 FROM NOON TO 1:30 P.M.

LOCATION: Foley Square, 111 Worth Street at Centre Street,

STOP TRUMP'S CLIMATE AGENDA: Join us on Earth Day for a noon rally at Foley
Square to express our opposition to Trump's climate agenda. Trump calls
climate change a hoax. He has promised to reduce the environmental
regulations that protect our air and water and to increase our reliance on
coal, oil and gas. To protect all living things on our planet, we must
transition as quickly as possible from fossil fuels and nuclear power to a
new, green economy based on renewable energy.

SPEAKERS:

Dwaine C. Perry, President/Chief, Ramapough Lunaape Nation

Costa Constantinides, NYC Council Member, Chair of the Committee on
Environmental Protection

Liz Krueger, NYS Senator, Ranking Democratic Member of the Finance
Committee and sponsor of the Fossil Fuel Divestment Act

Brad Hoylman, NYS Senator, Democratic Member of the Environmental
Conservation Committee

Bethany Yarrow & Rufus, musicians

Linda Rosenthal, NYS Assembly Member, Subcommittee on Renewable Energy

Jon Forster, DC 37

Helen Rosenthal, NYC City Council, Chair of the Contracts Committee

Lawrence Jennings, GreenFaith, Interfaith Partner

"Earth Restoration," performance piece by Catherine Skopic with
representatives from environmental organizations.

See our *Facebook Event
<http://sable.madmimi.com/c/28420?id=236524.727.1.0f3cdd3d2324238a2659e37f49aece32>*
page.
Please share this message with your friends and listserves.
FUNDING FOR THE RALLY PROVIDED BY THE SIERRA CLUB NYC GROUP AND UNITED FOR
ACTION

DIRECTIONS BY SUBWAY TO FOLEY SQUARE AT 111 WORTH AT CENTRE STREET:

#4, #5, #6 to City Hall, Brooklyn Bridge; Walk 1 Block North on Centre
Street.

#2, #3 to Park Place; Walk East through City Hall Park, 2 Blocks North on
Centre Street.

A, C to Chambers Street; Walk 3 Blocks East to Centre Street; 1 Block North
on Centre Street.

AFTER THE RALLY, PLEASE JOIN THE MARCH FOR SCIENCE.

Dr. Lisa DiCaprio
Associate Director of Curriculum
Clinical Associate Professor of Social Sciences
NYU School of Professional Studies
Paul McGhee Division
7 East 12th Street, Room 623G
New York, NY 10003