[SPN-Discussion] FREE Event: Effective Communication for Social Change

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Sun Apr 16 11:21:44 PDT 2017

Dear SPNers,

I hope some of you can join us in-person (we only have 20 seats left) or
online for this incredible first talk in our series on effective social
changemaking.  Register for FREE below.

With thanks,

Tara

Join us for a FREE in-person and online conversation
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?HumanImpactsInstitut/64fe55f3c6/090853d4cd/d2c54de0e3>
with
experts

[image: c86f22ad8ff0627fb4bdc3d685023b5a]
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?HumanImpactsInstitut/64fe55f3c6/090853d4cd/9a8009f99c>

*Communication that Counts*
Thursday, May 11th, 12pm-1pm Eastern
*FREE. RSVP for in-person and online here: *http://ow.ly/ufQ730aOr3B
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?HumanImpactsInstitut/64fe55f3c6/090853d4cd/b584c8b62e>

Join us for our 2017 Impact Hours series where we will dig into ongoing
environmental and social justice work, while sharing tools for more
effective personal and organizational action.  For this session, we will
bring together an artist, activist, and academic to:

*We want to know: *Communication in the age of “alternate facts”
*We’re going to learn: *Making it personal, words that work, tools for
speaking up
*Superpower you will develop:* Succinct and strong messaging

*Explore these topics and more with our special guests: *

   - *Artist:* James Hannaham, Pen/Faulkner award-winning author of
   Delicious Foods, visual artist, and Associate Professor. Humanities & Media
   Studies at Pratt Institute
   - *Activist: *Amy Braunschweiger, Senior Web Communications Manager,
   Human Rights Watch
   - *Academic: *Todd Gitlin, Professor & Chair, Ph.D. Program in
   Communications at Columbia’s School of Journalism Thank you to Invoking the
   Pause, a small environmental grants program and the Brooklyn Art Library
   for their support.

*Thank you to Invoking the Pause, a small environmental grants program and
the Brooklyn Art Library for their support.*

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>