[SPN-Discussion] FREE Sustaining Action and Tree Care w/Bossa Nova

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Tue Aug 8 12:29:28 PDT 2017

I wanted to invite you to join us for two free events with our
organization, the Human Impacts Institute
<http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org>, this week.

I hope you can make it.

Warmly,

Tara

​

Impact Hour: Sustaining Effective Action

Thursday, August 10th

8:30-9:30am EDT

RSVP here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/impact-hour-sustaining-effective-action-tickets-33254797996>

Helping people navigate the current climate of information “clutter” is
more important than ever. Our 2017 Impact Hours series will dig into
ongoing environmental and social justice work, while sharing tools for more
effective personal and organizational action.

We want to know…How do we decide what to do for max impact?

We’re going to learn…sparks for action, minimizing burnout, giving/doing
like you

Superpower you will develop….prioritizing your actions for the long-term

Invited Guests:

   -

   Artist: Geneva Peschka, co-director (with Emma Zurcher-Long) and
   producer of UNSPOKEN <https://vimeo.com/194066655%20>

   -

   Activist: Phil Aroneanu, Campaigns Director at Purpose and co-founder of
   350.org

All events are free and open-to-the-public. Doors open at 8am. FREE
breakfast will be provided.

​

August Trees and Tutus: Tree Care and Live Bossa Nova

Sun, August 13, 2017

5:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT

East River State Park

RSVP Here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/august-trees-and-tutus-tree-care-and-live-concert-tickets-35790592626>

Join the Human Impacts Institute for tree care and a BYO picnic featuring a
live sunset concert! Our performers for this week are Natalia y Sebastián,
who will play a mixture of bossas, sones and cumbias. Come get your hands
dirty, help our trees get stronger, and enjoy FREE creative fun.

All ages are welcome--kids must be accompanied by an adult.

*Thanks to Patagonia for sponsoring this event. Thank you to Natalia and
Sebastián for their beautiful music. Thank you to our partners at East
River State Park for hosting us!*
------------------------------

5-7pm Park clean-up
7pm LIVE concert

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.