[SPN-Discussion] FREE Communication Training from Top Experts May 11th

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Thu May 4 11:56:31 PDT 2017

Hello SPNers,

I wanted to make sure you have RSVPed for our FREE May 11th Impact Hour,
which you can attend in-person in Brooklyn (lunch provided) or watch via
our online stream.  Please, RSVP here for both!
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/impact-hour-communication-that-counts-tickets-33250209271>

​

Helping people navigate the current climate of information “clutter” is
more important than ever. Our 2017 Impact Hours series will dig into
ongoing environmental and social justice work, while sharing tools for more
effective personal and organizational action. Each Impact Hour will include
perspectives from an artist, activist, and academic on issues of
communication, engagement, action, and impact. Together, we will challenge
each other’s assumptions and share practical tactics for sparking social
change. Join us in-person in NYC (space is limited) or online from around
the world.

We want to know...What do we need to communicate in the age of “alternate
facts”?

We’re going to learn…making it personal, words that work, tools for
speaking up

Superpower you will develop….succinct and strong messaging

Special Guests:

   -

   Artist: James Hannaham, Pen/Faulkner award-winning author of Delicious
   Foods, visual artist, and Associate Professor. Humanities & Media Studies
   at Pratt Institute
   -

   Activist: Amy Braunschweiger, Senior Web Communications Manager, Human
   Rights Watch
   -

   Academic: Todd Gitlin, Professor & Chair, Ph.D. Program in
   Communications at Columbia’s School of Journalism

All events are free and open-to-the-public. Register here to participate.
Doors open at 11:30. FREE lunch will be provided.

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.