[SPN-Discussion] Wed. October 11, 7:00 p.m. Sierra Event: FARM BILL FOOD FIGHT

Elisa Dicaprio lisa.dicaprio at nyu.edu
Sun Oct 8 14:40:40 PDT 2017

*FARM BILL FOOD FIGHT*

*SIERRA CLUB SUSTAINABILITY SERIES EVENT*

*Wednesday, Oct 11 at 7:00 P.M. (DOORS OPEN AT 6:30)*

*Seafarers & International House 123 East 15th St
<https://maps.google.com/?q=123+East+15th+St&entry=gmail&source=g>, corner
of East 15th and Irving Place*

What is the Farm Bill, how much money runs through it, how to support local
farmers, and cut subsidies to CAFOs (factory farms with rivers of waste).

Every 5 years Congress votes on legislation that creates and renews federal
programs that affect everything we eat, how farmers grow our food, and how
they treat our soils, water and air. The last bill was passed in 2014.

The Sierra Club panelists will report on what issues are at stake, see link
to the 2014 legislation.
http://www.thefarmbill.com

*Speakers:*
* Dr. Garrett Graddy-Lovelace,* Professor American University in Washington
DC.

*Dr. Carolyn Dimitri*, Professor NYU, Director of Food Studies

*Scott Faber,* V.P. Government Affairs, Environmental Working Group

*Michael Stein*, Attorney and Scientist, Organic Farming Research
Foundation.

*DATE: Wednesday, October 11*

*TIME: 6:30 doors open for refreshments -  7:00 p.m. program starts*

*PLACE: Seafarers & International House 123 East 15th St
<https://maps.google.com/?q=123+East+15th+St&entry=gmail&source=g>. corner
Irving Place, Manhattan*

*Subways*: 4/5/6/ and /N/R/L to Union Square

Please circulate this announcement. Thank you. Lisa

Dr. Lisa DiCaprio
Associate Director of Curriculum
Clinical Associate Professor of Social Sciences
NYU School of Professional Studies
Paul McGhee Division
7 East 12th Street, Room 623G
New York, NY 10003