[SPN-Discussion] Casting call: Kids who care about climate change!

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Wed Oct 25 13:30:08 PDT 2017

Hello SPNers,

My organization, the Human Impacts Institute
<http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/>, is shooting a video of kids
interviewing top NYC and european diplomats about climate change. It's part
of a big event we are doing (open to the public!) in December with the
German, French, Dutch, and EU governments around collaboration and climate
action.

We are looking for kids who are passionate about climate change and feel
comfortable behind the camera too between the ages of 7 and 12. If your kid
is interested, please see below and we look forward to learning more! We
will conduct little "tests" with you and your child via Skype beforehand to
select the five participants and you are, of course, encouraged to be a
part of the process along the way!

Feel free to share!

Warmly,

Tara

Zoey (4 months)

Calling all  kids who care about climate change!

Ready to interview a government official?

2017 Climate Change, Kids, and Diplomats

We are casting kids between the age of 7 and 12

to be a part of our next climate video!

[image: Loss of Gravity.jpg]

The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/>, a New
York based NGO, in collaboration with New York City, along with the EU and
representatives from the governments of Germany, France, and the
Netherlands are creating a program to celebrate collaboration and
creativity in addressing climate change and implementation of the Paris
Agreement.

To bring positive attention to what can be achieved when we work together,
we’ll create a short film of children interviewing diplomats. Both the
children and the diplomats will be individuals who are initiating inspiring
climate actions in their schools, communities and countries. Our goal is to
have 5 kids interviewing 5 diplomats for a total of 10 stories.

We’ll focus on selecting children who are in the age range of 7 to 12 years
old. As part of a pre-rehearsal, we’ll hold a workshop for the children
we’re considering featuring to attend. That way we can get a better sense
of how comfortable they’ll be in front of the camera.  Parents and
guardians are encouraged to attend, although the kids are the only ones who
will be on camera.

We’ll script the questions based on pre-interviews with the selected
individuals beforehand and let their own stories, experiences and questions
lead the tone of how these interviews evolve.

The possibilities for this project are especially exciting for us as we
focus on collaboration and the amazing things that can be achieved when
people work together.

For interested youth, please email the following to
tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org by Tuesday, October 31st:

   -

   A photo (just a snapshot is great!)
   -

   Why you want to participate in the project
   -

   What you’d like to ask a government leader about climate change!

No experience is necessary.  Just a passion for climate action and a lot of
enthusiasm for the project!

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.