[SPN-Discussion] Celebrate Earth Day with a Waterfront Bike Tour!

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Fri Apr 20 09:53:26 PDT 2018

Hello all,

We still have a few slots left for our waterfront bike tour this Sunday.
It looks like it's going to be an amazing, sunny day and what better way to
celebrate than on a bike, with inspiring people?!

Hope you can join us.  Tickets are available here and details below:

Earth Day Waterfront Bike Tour
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/earth-day-bk-waterfront-bike-tour-tickets-44713024861>

​

Celebrate Earth Day with the Human Impacts Institute
<http://humanimpactsinstitute.org/> on an environmental bike tour!

Join us for a morning ride over the Brooklyn Bridge, where we will begin
our tour of the Brooklyn waterfront. Tour stops include: Brooklyn Bridge
Park, Brooklyn Navy Yard, East River State Park, and Kingsland Wildflower
Rooftop. Each location will feature a short presentation and Q&A with an
inspirational local expert to discuss art and the waterways, green
buildings and roofs, and caring for our parks.

The day will also include a Whole Foods beach picnic with a live concert
and a scenic ferry ride back to Manhattan.

Join us to learn about the impact we have on our environment and the steps
(or pedalling) we can make to lessen that impact and show the Earth a
little more love.

*Environmental Experts include:*

   -

   Eve Mosher <http://www.evemosher.com/>, artist and co-founder of Works
   on Water
   -

   Wendy Brawer <http://ecocultural.info/>, Founder of Green Map System
   -

   Tara DePorte, Executive Director of the Human Impacts Institute
   -

   Lisa Bloodgood <http://www.newtowncreekalliance.org/>, Newtown Creek
   Alliance

*Cost (proceeds go towards Human Impacts Institute programs):*

Bring your own bike

   -

   *$30 including lunch, tour, and ferry ticket*

Need a bike?

   -

   *$50 including bike, helmet, and lock rental; lunch, tour and ferry
   ticket*

Meet us at 10 AM at Brooklyn Bridge Bike Rent for a 10:20 sharp departure.
Hope to see you there!

Thanks to Bike Rent NYC <https://bikerent.nyc/>.

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.