[SPN-Discussion] Invitation: Support creative climate work at Night at the Library

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Wed Sep 5 12:06:08 PDT 2018

[image: 0_eventbrite.jpg]
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/night-at-the-library-tickets-48824283747

Full of whimsy and resolve, this year’s Human Impacts Institute
<http://humanimpactsinstitute.org/> fundraiser, “Night at the Library,”
brings the literary and art worlds to life with immersive art from Joan
Hacker <http://www.joanhacker.com/>, Eric Corriel
<https://www.ericcorriel.com/>, and Eric Cade Schoenborn
<http://ericcad.es/#>, live performances from Killin H8
<https://www.killinh8.com/> and the Environmental Performance Agency
<http://www.environmentalperformanceagency.com/>, book-themed costumes, and
a rare look inside Carnegie’s landmark library at night.

Explore the gorgeous rooms of our HII Spaceworks studio, delight yourself
with music, dancing, and food and drink from local businesses Caracas Arepa
Bar <http://www.caracasarepabar.com/>, Lighthouse <http://lighthousebk.com/>
, Mexico 2000 <https://mexico2000brooklynny.com/>, and Woodhull Wine Bar
<http://www.woodhulwinebar.com/all-about-woodhul/>. Stay for networking
with artists and changemakers, and support the arts and environment by
bidding in the silent auction, AKA take home a memento or two.

For your eyes only-- this event is an exclusive first look at our 2018
Creative Climate Awards
<http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/creative-climate-awards>, a showcase
of international artists’ climate-inspired performances, installations, 2D
works, and films that will be on public display from September 17 to
October 12.

Celebrate your unique self, dress as your favorite book character, and use
the arts and creativity to broaden the climate conversation and incite
action. We need you. The Earth needs you.

Tickets at two for $50 presale and will be sold at the door for $50. If
you're not planning on dressing up, suggested dress code is smart casual to
cocktail.

Questions? Email us at info at humanimpactsinstitute.org or call us at
917-727-9761.

------------------------------

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.