[SPN-Discussion] Nominations for women climate leaders from the global south

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Mon Apr 22 07:34:55 PDT 2019

Call for Nominations: GLOBAL CLIMATE SHEROES

The Human Impacts Institute

The Human Impacts Institute <https://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/> is a
think-and-do-tank based in New York City whose mission is to use arts and
culture to inspire environmental action for social good. We provide
environmental education and creative communication consulting services to
national governments, corporations, universities, community-based
organizations and individuals around the world.  Our work in creatively
exploring issues from climate change to environmental policy has reached
hundreds of thousands of individuals around the world and has included
private partners like L’Oreal, Citigroup and HSBC.

Climate sHeroes

Together with the UNFCCC and the German Federal Ministry of Environment, we
are working to elevate the stories of amazing women (and women-identifying
persons) from the Global South who are working on climate change solutions
in diverse ways.  Through our Climate sHeroes campaign, twelve women will
be selected and their personal stories of climate action will be
highlighted in creative, diverse, and public ways. The Climate sHeroes will
be celebrated at an exhibition in New York City during the UN Climate
Summit in September 2019 and from there the exhibit will travel to the UN
Climate Change Conference in December.

The Human Impacts Institute is seeking nominations with the following
criteria:

   -

   Women of all ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations
   -

   Women who are approaching climate change from diverse sectors (energy,
   transportation, food, waste, migration, green tech, stewardship, health,
   etc.) and professions (research, engineering, urban planning, art,
   entrepreneurs, health care providers, policy makers, activists, etc.)
   -

   Women whose work supports the achievement of one or more of the
   Sustainable Development Goals
   -

   Women who are taking on the ground action with a direct link between
   their work and the issue being addressed

Do you know a woman who deserves to be a Climate sHero?  We’d love to hear
from you! You can nominate a Climate sHero using this form.

The deadline for nominations is April 26th, 2019.  Please submit
nominations via the link here <https://goo.gl/forms/s14N5JRe7uGceokj2>.

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>