[SPN-Discussion] The Green New Deal and Sustainability

Ira Feldman ira at greentrack.com
Sat Feb 9 09:21:07 PST 2019

For the SPN community...

My op-ed on the Green New Deal and Sustainability was published today in The Hill, a Washington, DC based news organization focusing on issues before Congress.

You can find it here: <https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/429246-the-green-new-deal-is-it-sustainable <https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/429246-the-green-new-deal-is-it-sustainable>>.

I am convinced that now is the time for those of us who understand sustainability — and see its relevance as a policy framework — to be heard.  It is important for sustainability leaders in the US to step up and put to use our insights to advance the integration of environmental protection, economic development and social justice — the three dimensions of sustainability.  We may not agree on all aspects of sustainability but I believe there is common ground on the basic concepts, principles and approaches.  I intend to remain active in this space in the run up to 2020 and beyond, so I would really like to hear your thoughts about next steps.

Sincerely,  IRA

Ira Feldman
ira at greentrack.com <mailto:ira at greentrack.com>
202-669-1858
skype: irafeldman
LinkedIn: <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ira-feldman-4b9a27/ <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ira-feldman-4b9a27/>>.

===

president & senior counsel
greentrack strategies
<www.greentrack.com <http://www.greentrack.com/>>.

founder & managing director
Sustainability Curriculum Consortium (tm)
<www.curriculumforsustainability.org <http://www.curriculumforsustainability.org/>>.

co-founder & managing director
Adaptation Ledger (tm)
<www.adaptationledger.com <http://www.adaptationledger.com/>>.