[SPN-Discussion] Human Impacts Institute Youth Advisory Council Open for Applications

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Tue Aug 4 11:32:31 PDT 2020

*Are you passionate about climate action? Are you creative?*
Our youth-led/youth-only advisory council wants to hear from you!
Youth 13-24 from around the world are invited to apply to join today.
*Learn more*: https://bit.ly/2Pmk0gf
*Apply here:*  https://forms.gle/b1tQWVHgvBcp5NfW7

[image: HII Youth Advisory Council.jpg]

Apply for the

Human Impacts Institute’s

Youth Advisory Council

The Human Impacts Institute <https://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/>(HII)
Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a youth-led initiative that helps dedicated
young climate activists engage in climate awareness and innovative ideas.
HII is a non-profit organization dedicated to spreading awareness about
climate change though art and social interactions. Our mission is to
establish an inclusive, international youth network that will foster
creative climate solutions.

In the YAC, you will also master important skills that you can use outside
of environmental justice: managing tasks, public speaking, and leadership.
By collaborating with board, advisory, and staff members, you will learn
about the inner workings of a nonprofit. We also encourage any new members
to propose changes to previous decisions.

In the YAC, you will talk to others about environmental issues, spread the
word about HII campaigns, create and actualize ideas, and so much more! In
December 2017, we made a video Think Like a Kid
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Oro2ihw9I>, which had members of the YAC
interview important climate leaders from across the world. We also hosted
an Earth Day event in 2019 from HII headquarters in Brooklyn. In September
2019, two members of the YAC exhibited the HII Climate SHeroes
<https://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/global-climate-sheroes> installation
at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City during the global
climate change summit. The Climate SHeroes
<https://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/global-climate-sheroes> exhibit
tells the stories of twelve female climate heroes from across the world.

We will split into subcommittees to encourage a variety of interests. We
really want you to feel like you belong and encourage you to become a youth
leader.

If you would like to join the HII Youth Advisory Council, please fill out
this application:

HII YAC application:  https://forms.gle/b1tQWVHgvBcp5NfW7

Note the following requirements:

   1.

   All members of the Youth Advisory Council should be 13-24 years old
   2.

   All members of the Youth Advisory Council should be able to read, write,
   and understand English
   3.

   All members of the Youth Advisory Council should have access to an email
   address
   4.

   Youth Advisory Council members are in a one-year commitment to the
   Council
   1.

      Meetings will be one hour every week
      2.

      Members are expected to use their own time to work on YAC projects
      3.

      Youth Advisory Council members are expected to take on the
      responsibility that comes with these time commitments
      1.

         Please note that this time commitment is subject to change
         4.

      Meetings will be on Zoom unless you are able to meet in person in New
      York City (pending quarantining regulations)
      5.

      Youth Advisory Council members must have access to a stable internet
      connection

Tara DePorte
she/her/hers
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*IG/FB: *@humanimpactinstitute <http://instagram.com/humanimpactsinstitute>
*Twitter* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.