[SPN-Discussion] Calling Climate-Concerned Students: #MakeClimateaClass

Eban Goodstein ebangood at bard.edu
Fri Mar 27 11:36:00 PDT 2020

*--Please forward to all climate-concerned students--*

You are stuck at home for the next month. What can you do about climate
change?

*Ask all of your teachers who care about climate change
to #MakeClimateaClass!
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h0/UgaStWBIiLYn8eevue7q8NCedfnFewG2HCH3zTGzBUzL9HJaTRuGhl2ARpxEZb0P/o5aD>
(see
instagram video here <https://www.instagram.com/p/B-PkP_yAnnc/>)*

On Tuesday, April 7, the Center for Environmental Policy at Bard College is
coordinating a Virtual Teach-in On Climate Solutions and Justice:
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h1/LL-2BJ9HmEymDmsNJ7E-2BHtQfO-2FvTdM98G-2BXE-2BlbPYW3PXgti1gnHrmsgZNl8-2BCpSuL/nswJ>
55
university-hosted webinars, one in almost every state and internationally,
focused on ambitious but feasible state and local solutions to help solve
climate by 2030. See which university is hosting your state webinar here
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h2/N3IzW6zuayiqrNBJxIjgWhv7FEugCXWzoU0azycQa9vvBRxPUbou84-2FY1povDJYt24JPbWOjKpHZaEkQ-2Fb-2Bccg-3D-3D/2mbY>
 *(Click on your state link)*. At colleges, universities, and high schools,
teachers can use the webinars to #MakeClimateaClass on-line and help
refocus the nation and the world on climate change.

*This opportunity is not just for environmental studies classes. *The
challenges posed by solving climate change necessarily range across
history, science, business, culture, economics, psychology, religion,
government, media, journalism, and the arts. Solve Climate has teachers
guides for all these subjects
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h3/N3IzW6zuayiqrNBJxIjgWhv7FEugCXWzoU0azycQa9vobVFU3ZZm4-2BdlGxT-2BxablH5V-2FgMZrurukSjdNJKrOqw-3D-3D/q5TB>
for
a one-hour follow-up discussion to the state-level, solutions-focused
webinars.

Ask your climate-concerned teachers today-- in every subject-- to
#MakeClimateaClass. They can do it by assigning your April 7 state webinar
as Homework and then using the teachers' guides to talk about it in class.
Teachers should Register your class here
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h4/N3IzW6zuayiqrNBJxIjgWhv7FEugCXWzoU0azycQa9vvBRxPUbou84-2FY1povDJYt24JPbWOjKpHZaEkQ-2Fb-2Bccg-3D-3D/jKTJ>
.

*NOTE:* The webinars will all be recorded, so you can view and discuss them
in class ANYTIME DURING APRIL AND MAY. Register at your state site
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h5/N3IzW6zuayiqrNBJxIjgWhv7FEugCXWzoU0azycQa9vvBRxPUbou84-2FY1povDJYt24JPbWOjKpHZaEkQ-2Fb-2Bccg-3D-3D/mvwj>
stay informed.

*SIGN UP NOW
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h6/cidj-2Bve7daPPm09dFhiTNfrtilLmtSmGj4Ae5AqFIhuRf-2B6U9N-2Bj3DFItX3GTV9P5FbKyKYQSldLmKmWHwfRr00IsyT4wAdOIgPPMDtTaiZWKvN-2FmAtj0TzW1Ja4O2IApdypdU99cnsAYze5nzbkAA-3D-3D/CVic>
#MakeClimateaClass!*

>From Nebraska to New Jersey, from Idaho to Alabama, and from Bangladesh to
Brazil, find out what we can all do right at home to smooth the path for
clean energy, and to bring energy justice to our communities. After
watching your state webinar, have a virtual class discussion
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h7/N3IzW6zuayiqrNBJxIjgWhv7FEugCXWzoU0azycQa9vobVFU3ZZm4-2BdlGxT-2BxablH5V-2FgMZrurukSjdNJKrOqw-3D-3D/hi9a>
about
what students and others can do to make these solutions real.

Covid-19 has shown how fragile our health and economic systems are to
extreme events. Our scientists have also told us clearly that, unchecked,
climate change will turn our lives into a series of unending extreme
events: floods, droughts, rising seas, pests and disease, more extreme
storms and hurricanes, leaving hundreds of millions of people homeless and
on the move.

*There is still time to change that future.* And now, this spring-- not
next year-- is the time to focus our students on feasible, ambitious, local
climate solutions.  Thank you for joining this critical dialog, and sign up
here
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h8/cidj-2Bve7daPPm09dFhiTNfrtilLmtSmGj4Ae5AqFIhuRf-2B6U9N-2Bj3DFItX3GTV9P5FbKyKYQSldLmKmWHwfRr00IsyT4wAdOIgPPMDtTaiZWKvN-2FmAtj0TzW1Ja4O2IApdypdU99cnsAYze5nzbkAA-3D-3D/FXzz>
#MakeClimateaClass.

p.s.: Help #MakeClimateaClass go viral. FOLLOW and PROMOTE us on twitter
@solveby2030, and Instagram/Tiktok/Facebook/LinkedIn @solveclimateby2030.
Tell all your friends to do it too!

Thank you for the work you are doing,
Eban

--
Dr. Eban Goodstein / Director, Graduate Programs in Sustainability / Bard
College

MBA in Sustainability
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h9/NpNs7qsc1BJnRpSalbRkfQIrp7E1qIgRk7lAQXG-2Bwzw-3D/O4oh>
MS in Environmental Policy and MS in Climate Science and Policy
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h10/NpNs7qsc1BJnRpSalbRkfbpbKVHhWmBfqeQM23zrktU-3D/OY1w>
M. Ed in Environmental Education
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/3QA/jM0HAA/t.30f/tITzks-HQu-pWdmrXjFCbw/h11/NpNs7qsc1BJnRpSalbRkfeoi7dN3OKn5j05Q8mQfhoqM6-2BCvP012yw9iWt-2F8G5KD/HPrX>
845-758-7067
ebangood at bard.edu

--
Dr. Eban Goodstein /  Director, Graduate Programs in Sustainability / Bard
College

MBA in Sustainability <http://www.bard.edu/mba>
MS in Environmental Policy and MS in Climate Science and Policy
<http://www.bard.edu/cep>
M. Ed in Environmental Education
<http://www.bard.edu/cep/program/ms-education/>

845-758-7067