[SPN-Discussion] GreenHomeNYC April Forum

Zoe Ferguson zoe at greenhomenyc.org
Tue Apr 13 10:08:01 PDT 2021

Good afternoon,

My name is Zoe, and I am writing on behalf of GreenHomeNYC. I would be
grateful if you would be able to circulate the information below for
GreenHome's April forum.

Here are the event details and description:

Join GreenHomeNYC at this month's Forums event for a panel discussion + Q&A
with professionals who work to make building design sustainable and healthy.

Monthly Forum: How Has Covid-19 Impacted Energy Use?April 21, 2021 6:30 PM
- 8:00 PM

   - Where: Online
   - Hosted by: GreenHomeNYC

When COVID-19 hit, the virus not only infected our bodies, but also our
homes. Our kitchens, bedrooms, even bathrooms became office spaces as
people had to suddenly cram both work and leisure into the same place. This
change drastically altered the distribution of energy usage across the city
(and the world) as office buildings emptied and people were confined to
their homes.

Meanwhile, as businesses plan the return to centralized or hybrid
operation, they are forced to consider their approach. In a world of
increased consciousness about airborne particles, workplaces must be
equipped with a means to sanitize spaces and filter circulated air.
Additionally, to achieve the ‘new normal’, office spaces should incorporate
smart monitoring of energy consumption.

How has the shift in working patterns affected energy consumption? How will
the return to offices look? What adjustments will need to be made to
accommodate the ‘new normal’? These questions will be discussed by our
panelists of industry experts on the frontier of these issues.

Register here:
https://greenhomenyc-energy-usage-and-covid19.eventbrite.com/?aff=NLSPN

For more information, please contact forums at greenhomenyc.org.

Thank you,
Zoe Ferguson
--
Zoe Ferguson, J.D. | Volunteer - Forum Planning | GreenHomeNYC
cell: (862) 438-0627
email: zoe at greenhomenyc.com
Visit us online: www.greenhomenyc.org
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/GreenHomeNYC