[SPN-Discussion] Please Share: 1/27/21 6:30p - GreenHomeNYC Monthly Forum - Green Catwalk 2021

Liza Chiu liza at greenhomenyc.org
Fri Jan 15 16:27:56 PST 2021

Please share the following with your mailing list. Thank you!

*The Green Catwalk is GreenHomeNYC’s opening forum of the year that
features sustainability developments in a rapid-fire presentation format.*

It’s been a GreenHomeNYC tradition to kick off our year of programming with
our Green Catwalk, a dynamic event in which our speakers showcase exciting
developments in our sustainable world through a series of rapid-fire
presentations.

This year’s presenters will share programs and projects that are redefining
waste as a resource, moving us towards a more efficient, circular economy.
Join us as we explore the many ways to “re” to decrease the size of both
our carbon and our landfill footprints. The circular economy spurs economic
development worldwide by redesigning, reducing, reusing, repurposing,
recovering, refurbishing, regenerating, and recycling biological and
technical materials to meet the growing resource needs of our consumptive
society.

The world’s rate of consumption is at “1.75 times the earth’s carrying
capacity, meaning we are using 75% more natural resources than we are
regenerating each year,” says The Circular Economy Handbook. Find out
what’s being done to help reverse that trend in fashion, food, water and
waste, and learn what you can do to become part of the circularity movement.

*WHEN:* Wed 1/27/21, 6:30p - 8:00p

Register *HERE
<https://monthlyforumgreencatwalk2021.eventbrite.com/?aff=NLSPN>*.

*SPEAKERS* (Detailed bios are in the Eventbrite link):

*Yemi Amu <https://www.linkedin.com/in/yemiamu/>* on Aquaponics Food
Systems, *Oko Urban Farms*, Founder & Director
*Lindsey Boylan <https://www.linkedin.com/in/lindsey-boylan-3477bb3/>* on
Making Wastewater Treatment Plants More Sustainable, *Lindsey for Manhattan
Borough President*, Secretary Lindsey Boylan
*Renee Crowley <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ren%C3%A9e-crowley-09177129/>* on
Composting and Electronics recycling, *The Lower East Side Ecology Center*,
Deputy Director
*Kara Napolitano <https://www.linkedin.com/in/kara-napolitano-55b3b4197/>* on
the Limitations of Recycling, *Sims Municipal Recycling*, Outreach and
Education Coordinator
*Andy Padian <https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-padian-99056831/>* on
Recycling at Home, *EME Group*, Director of Multifamily Sustainability
*Jessica Shreiber <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessicaschreiber/>* on
Textile Reuse and Recycling, *FABSCRAP*, Founder & CEO
*Lauren Sweeney <https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauren-sweeney-2084b419/>* on
a Reusable Container Takeout Service, *DeliverZero*, Co-founder & CMO

--

Liza Chiu <http://www.linkedin.com/in/lizachiu> | Volunteer | GreenHomeNYC
| liza at greenhomenyc.org

Visit us online: www.greenhomenyc.org

Follow us on LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/greenhomenyc/>,
Twitter <https://twitter.com/Greenhomenyc>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/greenhomenyc/>

Like us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/GreenHomeNYC>

Join the conversation and connect with us on LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/4328298/> and Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/greenhomenyc/>