[SPN-Discussion] Wed. Feb. 16th, 6:30 p.m. ZOOM event/U.S. Climate Legislation

Elisa Dicaprio lisa.dicaprio at nyu.edu
Tue Feb 15 13:42:10 PST 2022

Dear all: I am forwarding a message from Drawdown NYC about a ZOOM event
that it will be hosting on Wednesday, February 16 at 6:30 p.m. about
federal climate legislation. (For more information on Drawdown NYC, see:
https://www.drawdown-nyc.org)

The February 16 event is free, but you submit an RSVP at the link I am
providing here along with the Drawdown NYC summary of the event:

*Date: Wednesday, Feb. 16th, 6:30 PM*
*Event Registration*:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-earth-bill-and-the-federal-climate-policy-we-need-tickets-248187675017
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.eventbrite.com_e_the-2Dearth-2Dbill-2Dand-2Dthe-2Dfederal-2Dclimate-2Dpolicy-2Dwe-2Dneed-2Dtickets-2D248187675017&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=OBxPbn8fxtApYHfIz2yHfRrFoyAWZ6vc0Y2nj8Js4CI&m=CzaNWsXg74CAh0Zrn6mKYX99RFg05vOa4Ptl-rt8SFMdb7DoNcq8SjPgycTHg_rD&s=Lg_PgLPQGNK3sNtYFS--QUoaHCPDqoEC0tJblrMZQyg&e=>

Federal legislation on climate has so far been disappointing to say the
least. But many movements over the last 60 years, from civil rights to
women's rights to gay marriage, have shown us that the keys to progress are
specific demands and persistence. We must articulate *the action we need* from
our federal government. A growing, nationwide coalition has identified
three sweeping priorities to achieve dramatic greenhouse gas reduction by
2030 and they have put them together to form *The Earth Bill
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gmail.us4.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3Dd25e1a07ce5e94b6bbfe1e55b-26id-3D821b72ba90-26e-3Ddca61ba47e&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=OBxPbn8fxtApYHfIz2yHfRrFoyAWZ6vc0Y2nj8Js4CI&m=CzaNWsXg74CAh0Zrn6mKYX99RFg05vOa4Ptl-rt8SFMdb7DoNcq8SjPgycTHg_rD&s=cLJvpSct2OzCmtUvSdbmDgr9aN0S0GgPDTDeDQl1gGs&e=>*
.

Drawdown NYC is excited to host a powerful event on *Wednesday, Feb.
16th* describing
how this coalition has been built, why this is the right strategy, and how
individuals and groups can support it. Our speakers will include Todd
Fernandez, originator of the Earth Bill Network and veteran of the OFF and
LGBTQ-rights campaigns; Peter Sergiento, a vital Earth Bill ally
representing the faith-based sector of the Earth Bill Network; and Keith
Voos, a co-founder of Drawdown NYC.

Dr. Lisa DiCaprio
Associate Director of Curriculum
Clinical Associate Professor of Social Sciences
NYU School of Professional Studies
Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies
7 East 12th Street, Room 623G
New York, NY 10003
(212) 998-7118