[SPN-Discussion] Fwd: Spread the word-Send Us your Dirt from Sandy (SUDS)

Ashwani Vasishth vasishth at ramapo.edu
Fri Nov 9 08:54:09 PST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Spread the word-Send Us your Dirt from Sandy (SUDS)
Date: 	Fri, 9 Nov 2012 11:47:54 -0500
From: 	Neil Fitzgerald <Neil.Fitzgerald at MARIST.EDU>
To: 	<ENVTLCONSORTIUM-L at LIST.PACE.EDU>

Dear Colleagues,

Myself and Alison Spodek Keimowitz from Vassar College are teaming up to
study sediment post Hurricane Sandy. We are asking citizens to send soil
and sediment samples from areas of flooding in New York, particularly in
or near residences. The collected samples will be analyzed for a variety
of organic and inorganic contaminants including heavy metals, organic
compounds from gasoline and other fuels, pesticides and other industrial
effluents. Please spread the word.  For more details visit our FB page
http://www.facebook.com/SandyScience or webpage
http://www.marist.edu/science/suds.html.

Thank you,

Neil Fitzgerald, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean of Science and Associate Professor of Chemistry
Acting Chair of Anthropology
School of Science
Marist College
3399 North Road