[SPN-Discussion] Next Clean Energy Connections event - Tues Dec 11th

Brendan Blank brendan at solar1.org
Mon Nov 26 09:57:39 PST 2012

Hello,

I'd like to let you know about our next event.

http://www.cleanecnyc.org/next-event/

Hope you can make it.

Brendan

Share and Share Alike: New Applications for Collaboration & Resource
Optimization

*Tuesday, December 11th, 7:00pm-9:00pm, The WNYC Jerome L. Greene
Performance Space, 44 Charlton Street, NYC*

FREE live stream hosted by Greentech Media
<http://www.greentechmedia.com/> starting
at 7:05pm.

Tweet questions *@CleanECNYC *with hashtag* #CleanNRGx. *Follow us
here<https://twitter.com/CleanECnyc>
.

Many of our 2012 Clean Energy Connections panels have focused on using new,
cleaner energy sources like wind and solar, or ways that we can reduce
consumption through energy efficiency measures and government policies.
However, a new trend has emerged in concert with advances in social
technology that approaches the issue in a whole new way: resource sharing,
aka “Collaborative Consumpution.”

Case in point: the average power drill purchased for a home only gets used
6 to 13 minutes in its lifetime. Engineering ways to encourage shared use
of one drill would reduce demand for manufactured drills, therefore
conserving resources and mitigating waste.

That simple concept could be the next great revolution in how we do
business. Companies like AirBnB and Zip Car are leading the way, using
technology to develop models that facilitate sharing, trading and social
interaction while mitigating net consumption. While these businesses may
not be focused on sustainability as an end goal, the work they’re doing is
reducing resources with amazing efficiency.

Join us as we talk with companies that are using this model and as we
explore how sharing and collaborative consumption could be the best thing
to happen to the discussion around energy.

The panel discussion is a featured event of Solar One and NYC ACRE at
NYU-Poly’s cleantech panel discussion series, Clean Energy Connections.

*Moderator:*
*Brian Merchant - *Contributing Editor,
TreeHugger<http://brightfarms.com/people/sid-singh>

*Speakers:*
*Sid Singh - *Director of Project Finance,
BrightFarms<http://brightfarms.com/people/sid-singh>
<http://brightfarms.com/people/toby-tiktinsky>*Shaun Chapman - *Deputy
Director of Government Affairs, SolarCity <http://www.solarcity.com/>
*David Mahfouda - *Founder and CEO, Weeels<http://www.weeels.org/about.html>
*Andrew Wagner - *Director and Editor-in-Chief,
Krrb<http://blog.krrb.com/about/>

Advanced ticket sales close at 3:00pm the day of the event. A limited
number of tickets will be available at the door.