[SPN-Discussion] Racing to Zero - SWAB Fundraiser

Deenie Quinn deenieq at gmail.com
Wed May 13 10:35:10 PDT 2015

For its Spring Fundraiser, the Manhattan Solid Waste Advisory Board will be
hosting a screening of “Racing to Zero.” This documentary explores San
Francisco’s goal of reaching zero waste. In light of the recently announced
OneNYC zero waste goals, we will host a panel discussion on where NYC
stands in relation to SF.

*“Racing to Zero”*

*http://trash24.org/* <http://trash24.org/>

*Thursday, May 28th*

*5:30 pm-8:00 pm*

*114 W. 47th St. *

*https://www.facebook.com/events/1426088724366751/*
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1426088724366751/>

This event specifically is being held to raise funds for the 5th Annual
Community-Scale Composting Grants to provide funding assistance for
community, small-scale organic waste diversion initiatives across the city
in 2016. As NYC looks to expand its pilot organics program, it is more
crucial than ever to promote local composting efforts. Along with the
support from the Manhattan Borough President’s Office and Citizens
Committee for NYC, this fundraiser’s proceeds will help ensure we can
continue this program into its 6th year!

The MSWAB is a volunteer organization of industry experts and interested
citizens, who rely on donations and sponsorships from colleagues in order
to promote waste diversion initiatives in NYC.  Link for tickets and
sponsorship opportunities can be found here:
*http://bit.ly/manhattanSWABtickets* <http://bit.ly/manhattanSWABtickets>

Please forward to colleagues, coworkers, and friends. See you on the 28th!

*Eadaoin Quinn*

Sims Municipal Recycling

Direct: +1 347 391 3051

Mobile: +1 201 492 0759