[SPN-Discussion] Human Impacts Institute Summer Programming

Lena Golze Desmond programs at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Tue May 26 10:37:18 PDT 2015

Hello SPN-listserv,

I'd like to invite you to join the Human Impacts Institute this summer at
the East River State Park! Our Summer Series is free and open to the
public, and features everything from a live oyster 101 to composting
workshops to DIY bike repair. You can check out the events at our Facebook
page here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByxyzpA7YqqsRnFaZEZLOGY2MEE/view>, or in
the list below.

Hope you see you there!
Lena Desmond
--
Program Manager
Human Impacts Institute

[image: Inline image 1]
____________________________

Bird, It’s a Plane!

Tuesday, June 2nd, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join us in exploring the East River’s feathered friends, their habitats and
habits. Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Tree Care Tuesday

Tuesday, June 9th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join the Human Impacts Institute as we care for local trees and greenspace
and help with our local oyster monitoring project too! Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Bugging Out

Tuesday, June 16th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Learn how to compost outdoors and indoors and meet the critters who recycle
our food waste into “black gold” for our gardens and greenspaces! Register
today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

I Fish NY

Saturday, June 27th, 2pm-4pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Come explore the creatures of the sea with a fishing clinic and meet the
oysters who live in our park and clean our waters. Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

July Experiential Education Programming in NYC

Let the Sun Shine In!

Tuesday July 7th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Learn about how solar is providing clean energy to the park, charge your
phones on our solar charger, and learn about solar projects in your
neighborhood! Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Tree Care Tuesday

Tuesday, July 14th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join the Human Impacts Institute as we care for local trees and greenspace
and help with our local oyster monitoring project too! Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

DIY Rainwater Harvesting

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Tuesday July 21st, 10am-12pm

Come learn the latest in water conservation and how to build your own
rainwater collection system for your yard, community garden, or other local
greenspace. Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

How Green is Your Clean?

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Saturday July 25th, 2pm-4pmpm

See how to test your local soil and water for nutrients and pollutants,
while learning about how you can help clean our green spaces! Register
today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

August Experiential Education Programming in NYC

Water Explorations

Tuesday, August 4th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Investigate water quality, take quizzes about local bird and fish,and
create a large-scale chalk mural of underwater critters! Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Tree Care Tuesday

Tuesday, August 11th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join the Human Impacts Institute as we care for local trees and greenspace
and help with our local oyster monitoring project too! Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Back to the Future...of Water

Tuesday, August 18th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

What could our waterways look like in future? What ideas do you have for
our waterfront and learn innovative ideas that are transforming the way we
interact with water. Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Fishing Clinic

Saturday, August 29th, 2pm-4pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Come explore the creatures of the sea with a fishing clinic and meet the
oysters who live in our park and clean our waters. Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

September Experiential Education Programming in NYC

Oysters 101

Tuesday, September 8th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Learn about the oysters busy cleaning our waterways and help us monitor our
very own oyster cages at East River State Park. Co-hosted by the Billion
Oyster Project. Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Tree Care Tuesday

Tuesday, September 15th, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join the Human Impacts Institute as we care for local trees and greenspace
and help with our local oyster monitoring project too! Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

DIY Bike Repair

Tuesday, September 22nd, 10am-12pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join us for this DIY bike repair workshop (bring your bikes if you have
one!) Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Human Impact Stories Exhibit

Saturday, September 26th, 2pm-4pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join us for the opening of our first Human Impact Stories Exhibit and
explore the many ways you can address climate change in NYC through
movement, hands-on learning, and direct action. Register today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

October Experiential Education Programming in NYC

History of the East River State Park

Saturday October 3rd, 2pm-4pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Learn about the history of East River State Park and the North Brooklyn
Waterfront and see how you can make history in supporting our precious
green space! Co-hosted by the Neighbors Allied for Good Growth (NAG). Register
today>>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1byq914uIZzYx_IsqwATj4I9wIYrWvp7U-hCuehlXMek/viewform?usp=send_form>

Green Ghost Stories

Saturday October 11th, 2pm-4pm

East River State Park 90 Kent Avenue @N8th, Brooklyn

Join us in “eco” ghost stories along the waterfront and get in the
halloween spirit early! Register today>>