[SPN-Discussion] Saturday, May 30 PLANT MAGIC: Plant, Pull, and Picnic

Tara Mei Smith taramei at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:30:02 PDT 2015

EXTRA TERRESTRIAL PROJECTS PRESENTS:

Learn about wild plants from expert foresters. Spend the morning rewilding the last forest in Brooklyn, planting native perennials like bergamot,  goldenrod, and ironweed, grown from heritage seeds, and remove invasive plants like bush honeysuckle, artemesia, and burdock.  Create habitat to combat climate change. Afterwards, sample wild food snacks with a from Bed Stuy Kitchen, Marlow and Sons and Four & Twenty Blackbirds. In conjunction with the Prospect Park Alliance.  RSVP required.

RSVP/ ORDER YOUR PICNIC HERE
WHEN/WHERE: Saturday, May 30, 2015

Plant and Pull: Woodlands of Lookout Hill, Prospect Park 10am - 1pm Check in begins at 9:45am at the 16th street and Prospect Park Southwest Entrance Picnic: Peninsula, Prospect Park 1pm – 4pm

HOW TO GET THERE: Plant and Pull: Meet at 16th Street and Prospect Park Southwest, Take the F/G train to the 15th St/Prospect Park Station. Walk 3 blocks  E/SE on Prospect Park Southwest until you reach the intersection at the deadend of 16th St and the Park.

Picnic: Follow the pathway from Lookout Hill to the Peninsula

RSVP: Space is limited. Must RSVP in advance. Picnics are available by pre-order only, $15 and $30. Free to plant and pull.  rsvp at etprojects.org Bring clothes that can get dirty and picnic attire.

ABOUT EXTRA TERRESTRIAL PROJECTS: Extra Terrestrial Projects is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit that is dedicated to finding new ways to explore, understand, and protect the world that surrounds us. We connect city-dwellers audiences with wildlands and environmental stewardship through play. Our ultimate goal is to help build pathways to sustainable futures. We are based in New York City. Current program areas include connections to habitat through food, music, and design. For more info visit: www.extraterrestrialprojects.org

THANKS TO: Prospect Park Alliance, Audubon and Toyota TogetherGreen, KIND snacks

www.extraterrestrialprojects.org/ppppp

#pPpPp #ETProjects #ProspectPark