[SPN-Discussion] How NYC¹s Building Systems Use Energy

Daryle Ward-Cherry dwc at urbangreencouncil.org
Wed Aug 3 06:28:18 PDT 2016

How NYC’s Building Systems Use Energy
32BJ SEIU
25 West 18th Street

August 9th, 2016
6:00 to 8:00 PM

Link to event and registration: http://urbangreencouncil.org/content/events/how-nycs-building-systems-use-energy

EVENT DESCRIPTION

What’s driving energy usage from NYC’s largest source of greenhouse gas emissions? Take a look inside NYC’s buildings as we explore the trove of data collected under Local Laws 84 and 87.

A compass on the way to 80 by 50

We’ll dive into real-world data to help uncover which heating systems are the most efficient, which cooling systems are most frequently installed and more. Hear from experts as we explore each energy end use in terms of technology and systems used.

SPEAKERS

Bartosz Bonczak
Assistant Research Scientist, NYU Center for Urban Science and Progress

Sean Brennan
Research Manager, Urban Green Council

Nicole Ceci
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Steven Winter Associates

Stacy Lee
Senior Policy Advisor, Mayor's Office of Sustainability

--
Daryle Ward-Cherry
Associate, Public Programs

Urban Green Council