[SPN-Discussion] Call for applications -> Pipeline Angels launches signature angel investing bootcamp in 30+ cities

Natalia Oberti Noguera natalia.oberti_noguera at aya.yale.edu
Thu Aug 4 05:32:26 PDT 2016

Hi SPN,

We have opened a call for applications for our 2016 Fall Pipeline Angels
programs!

Can you please share our announcement with women in your network?

Here's a sample tweet:

> Call for applications -> @PipelineAngels launches signature angel
investing bootcamp in 30+ cities http://eepurl.com/b_8VuT

Thanks in advance for your help spreading the word!

Best,
Natalia

Natalia Oberti Noguera
Founder & CEO
Pipeline Angels
Email: natalia at pipelineangels.com
Twitter: @nakisnakis <http://twitter.com/nakisnakis>

*We're changing the face of angel investing.  Join us!*

2016 Fall Pipeline Angels Call for Applications
View this email in your browser
<http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=8a7d36505c&e=276a972ee9>
CHANGE THE FACE OF ANGEL INVESTING
Pipeline Angels launches signature angel investing bootcamp in 30+ cities
Pipeline
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=6375c3a2a8&e=276a972ee9>
Angels
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=456977d280&e=276a972ee9>,
a network of new and seasoned women investors, is changing the face of
angel investing and creating capital for women social entrepreneurs.
We have opened a call for applications for our fall 2016 signature angel
investing bootcamps in Albuquerque, Atlanta, Austin-Houston, Baltimore,
Bangor-Portland, Boston, Boulder-Denver, Burlington, Cedar Rapids,
Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland-Akron, Columbus, Dallas, DC, Jackson Hole,
LA, Memphis- Nashville, Miami, Minneapolis, New Orleans, NYC, Philadelphia,
Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland OR, Raleigh- Durham, Salt Lake City, San
Diego, Seattle, SF, Silicon Valley, and Vegas.

Pipeline Angels has a rolling application process. Candidates are
encouraged to apply
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=0d86499146&e=276a972ee9>
by
the next due date (Monday, August 8, 2016).

Pipeline Angels' bootcamp for new investors has three main criteria:

a) Meeting one of the accredited investor
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=c5cca4f601&e=276a972ee9>
 definitions
(i.e., US$200K in income or US$300K joint income with spouse for the past
two years, or US$1M net worth)
b) Interest in group learning model
c) Passion for philanthropy and/or social change

For most applicants, this is their first angel investment. They're
attracted by the program's three components (education
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=55a50d3e5e&e=276a972ee9>
, mentoring
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=1d9f4fe88d&e=276a972ee9>
, practice
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=da42ea144a&e=276a972ee9>)
and benefit from the diversity of each cohort. Applicants are
intergenerational (ranging from late twenties to 60+) and come from a
variety of professional backgrounds.

Prior to joining Pipeline Angels, I had invested in two startup companies,
however, I didn't understand the process well enough. Pipeline Angels gave
me the knowledge and training I needed to critically assess startups for
both financial potential and social impact, as well as appropriately
calculate my risk and make informed decisions about where and how to
strategically invest. Pipeline Angels also provided me with access to a
network of entrepreneurs, angel investors, venture capitalists, and
attorneys, which gave me the resources, support, and confidence I needed to
build my portfolio of angel investments. I now have just over 10% of my
financial portfolio in angel investments, including in three women-owned
startups.

Lebone Chisara Moses
Member, Pipeline Angels
Director, Fidelity Investments

Anna Wilson
Member, Pipeline Angels
Director of Operations & Analytics, Music Industry; Pandora
I joined Pipeline Angels to participate in a forum where I could learn the
ins and outs of angel investing from a variety of perspectives and actually
put these learnings to the test by making a real investment in an
early-stage company. The women in my cohort represent an incredibly diverse
set of personal and career experiences, each bringing with them a unique
perspective on what social enterprise means, what their individual
investment strategy should look like, and what character traits are
attractive to them in a founder.
ABOUT PIPELINE ANGELS

Pipeline
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=8cf11eb960&e=276a972ee9>
Angels
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=95cfb107d8&e=276a972ee9>,
network of new and seasoned women investors, is changing the face of angel
investing and creating capital for women social entrepreneurs. Pipeline
Angels holds a signature bootcamp for new investors and a signature pitch
summit for startups looking for funding. 200+ women have graduated from our
angel investing bootcamp, 30+ companies have secured funding from Pipeline
Angels, we had two exits in under five years, and Pipeline Angels have
invested over US$2M in women-led for-profit social ventures via our pitch
summit process.

Tweet
<http://pipelineangels.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=99f1bc5a28&e=276a972ee9>

<http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=4381ef8acab00d82fae50df60&id=8a7d36505c&e=276a972ee9>

Copyright © 2016 Pipeline Angels, All rights reserved.
Thanks for expressing interest in Pipeline Angels!

CONTACT
info at pipelineangels.com <info at pipelinefellowship.com>
Pipeline Angels
P.O. Box 23707