[SPN-Discussion] Human Impacts Institute P/T Development Manager Position

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Thu Aug 25 08:59:21 PDT 2016

Please share widely and apply!

[image: Hii Header.jpg]

P/T Development Manager Position Available

The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> is
currently seeking a part -time Development Manager for a four-month
contract, with potential for extension. Applications are accepted on a
rolling basis and are looking to hire for September 2016.

You should be a proficient writer, detail-oriented, and highly organized to
work at our Brooklyn location. The Development Manager is expected to be an
independent, computer-literate, social media-savvy self-starter who is
passionate about the environment and the arts. We are looking for someone
who is passionate about environmental issues, community building and our
mission at the Human Impacts Institute and who has a good grasp on
fundraising. We love people who are good multi­taskers, efficient, creative
and can show us that they are both great team members and self­-motivated
action takers who don't require a lot of heavy ­handed oversight. The
Development Manager will report to the Executive Director and our Board
President and spearhead fundraising efforts. Duties include:

   -

   Researching and identifying potential grant opportunities, corporate
   sponsors, and other funding potentials
   -

   Write grant proposals and reports
   -

   Manage grants calendar and ensure timely submission of proposals and
   reports
   -

   Maintain the donor, grant and foundation databases and update it
   regularly
   -

   Assist with planning and executing crowdfunding and end-of-the-year
   giving
   -

   Managing of development intern(s)
   -

   Attend networking events, as needed
   -

   Other duties as required

This is a part-time gig that will last for approximately 4 months, starting
in September, for 2-3 days a week.

Minimum requirements:

   -

   Bachelor's degree. At least 3 years of experience in development.
   -

   A proven track record of fundraising in diverse ways (grantwriting,
   fundraising events, crowdsourcing)
   -

   Firm understanding of grant budgeting, timelines and capable of
   developing budgets for programs
   -

   Strong familiarity with climate, arts and/or environmental issues
   -

   Knowledge of the current funding landscape, resources for funding, and
   contacts within philanthropy circles is a big plus
   -

   All applicants must be NYC-based

Think this is perfect for you? Apply today! Applications are accepted on a
rolling basis and must include:

1) An Introductory letter, which includes:

a) Why you want to join our crew

b) Why you are the best person for this position

c) Your passion and experience relating to our work

d) What special skills you will bring to our Crew

2) A current resume

3) Three writing samples (ideally funding applications)

4) Three reference contacts

Please send your application to info at humanimpactsinstitute.org.  Applicants
will be reviewed upon receipt and you will be notified if we are interested
in interviewing you.

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.