[SPN-Discussion] INVITE: Building Climate Community Salon Dec 6th

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Mon Nov 19 17:18:51 PST 2018

[image: SALON FACEBOOK.jpg]

*YOU'RE INVITED! FREE RSVP HERE>>
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/building-climate-communities-through-chaos-salon-tickets-51821754262>*

The Human Impacts Institute and the German Consulate General in NYC invite
you to join us for Building Climate Communities Through Chaos, a one-night
Human Impacts Salon with live performance that explores how we are working
together in innovative ways to take climate action.

With original climate-inspired performances from poet Kwame Opoku-duku,
musician Joshua Dumas, and theatre group Arctic Cycle! Stay for
conversation with special guests, including:

   - Mer Block, ESG Analyst and Vice President, Rockefeller Capital
   Management
   - Cindy Chung, Co-Chair NYC, Zero Hour
   - Peter Derby, Creative Director
   - Margaret Morton, Director of Program on Creativity and Free
   Expression, Ford Foundation (invited)
   - Andrew Revkin, Strategic Adviser for Environmental and Science
   Journalism, National Geographic Society (invited)
   - Courtney St John, Director of Energy Desk, Climate Nexus

Stay for drinks and small bites, while networking with our diverse audience
of policymakers, activists, entrepreneurs, and nonprofit leaders.

Human Impacts NYC is a celebration of innovation and collaboration and part
of our Human Impacts Salon series together with the German Consulate
General.  At the Human Impacts Institute, we use art and culture to inspire
environmental action for social good. We envision a world in which each of
us are active agents of social and environmental change; where culture and
nature converge, not compete, and where our communities have equal access
to the resources we need for dignity, happiness, and health.

*Special thanks to the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
in NYC for sponsoring this event.*

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.