[SPN-Discussion] FREE workshops on waste, consumption and creative expression

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Thu Jan 24 20:37:42 PST 2019

Hello all,

I hope you can join us for some of these FREE workshops we have coming up
with our artists-in-residence and friends from 826NYC.  Please, feel free
to share.  All are welcome!

[image: katy perry.jpg]
WORKSHOP: MUSIC VIDEOS THAT COUNT

Sat, January 26, 2019

11:00 AM – 1:00 PM

Brooklyn Public Library - Williamsburgh Branch

240 Division Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211

FREE RSVP HERE>>
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/waste-consumption-and-creative-expression-tickets-55393031047>

Explore topics of waste and consumption, while learning what goes into
making your favorite music videos and why visual storytelling matters.
Learn from the Human Impacts Institute's Artist-in-Residence, Christine
Arroyo, who has created music videos for Beyonce, Katy Perry, Ariana
Grande, and many more.

[image: 0_CCA Example 1.jpg]
Waste, Consumption, and Creative Expression
Tues, Jan 29, 6:15 PM-8:15 PM (led by HII artist-in-residence/ 826NYC)
Thurs, Jan 31, 6 15 PM-8:15 PM (led by 826NYC)
Sat, Feb 3, 11AM - 1 PM (led by HII)
Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co.
372 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY

FREE RSVP HERE>>
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/waste-consumption-and-creative-expression-tickets-55393031047>

The Human Impacts Institute is pleased to partner with 826NYC for a series
of STEM & Writing workshops on the theme of climate change, impact, and
action. This second workshop series will focus on waste reduction and
consumption.

Participants will explore the "culture of consumption"--understanding what
we buy, why we buy it, and what the impacts are on our community and planet.
 Through shopping experiments, video production, and writing we will dig
into the waste and wants of your lives!

Participants will explore these issues through writing, art, and
self-expression with our teaching artists, while learning about the
policies and science behind these realities, and look at examples of
community activism that are working toward solutions.

Tara DePorte
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*Like us!* facebook.com/HumanImpactsInstitute
*Follow us!* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>
Do LESS. Be more.