[SPN-Discussion] GreenHomeNYC Forum 2/19 6:30 PM - Sustainable Food Trends

Liza Chiu liza at greenhomenyc.org
Thu Feb 6 20:05:59 PST 2020

*Join GreenHomeNYC for a conversation on ways to mitigate food waste,
compost and other ways to combat climate change which have become
sustainable food trends of the new decade.*

*Register HERE
<https://greenhomenyc-forum-sustainable-food-trends.eventbrite.com/?aff=GHNL>!
 *

This event will have some exciting surprises. Here's a sneak peek:

**Food for All <https://foodforall.com/> will be giving away a free meal
code

**Imperfect Foods <https://www.imperfectfoods.com/> will have a raffle for
a free box of produce

In addition to the forum, our monthly volunteer orientation will take place
right before the event, starting at 6pm. If you're interested in joining
GreenHomeNYC as a volunteer, please review opportunities on our website
<https://greenhomenyc.org/get-involved/>, and register for a monthly
orientation on Eventbrite <https://greenhomenyc.eventbrite.com>.

*SPEAKERS*

   - *Matthew Hayek* *//* Assitant Professor
   <https://as.nyu.edu/content/nyu-as/as/faculty/matthew-hayek.html> at New
   York University, Department of Environmental Studies
   - *Andy Rose //* Supply Chain Planner at Loop <https://loopstore.com/>
   - *Sabine Valenga // *Co-Founder at Food for All
   <https://foodforall.com/>

   More speakers to be announced!

*ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS*

*Matthew Hayek* is an Assistant Professor in the Department of
Environmental Studies. He received his PhD in Environmental Science and
Engineering at Harvard, where he later went on to do his postdoc in climate
policy and law.

Hayek's research quantifies the environmental impacts of our food system,
with a specific focus on its contributions to climate change. He has
previously published in the areas of atmospheric physics, forest
terrestrial ecology, and agricultural management. His most recent paper
concerns the relative impacts of grass-fed vs. conventional beef production
on methane emissions and land use in the US. In his ongoing research, he
currently models the consequences of large-scale dietary changes, comparing
the results of shifting to food consumption habits to other carbon
mitigation strategies such as bioenergy and carbon capture.

*Andy Rose* is a sustainability enthusiast focused on circular economy
initiatives. Andy is an engineer by education and has worked in software
development, food supply chains and currently works at TerraCycle on the
Loop Initiative as the US Supply Chain Planner. He is passionate about
building ecological awareness and participating in communities that foster
meaningful connections.

*Sabine Valenga *is a designer and food-tech entrepreneur. After finishing
her degree in Architectural Design from Columbia University, where she
focused her studies on how technology and design can generate a positive
impact on our cities, she co-founded Food for All with the mission of
stopping good food from being wasted. As their CMO, she leads their
branding and marketing efforts and is determined to make “becoming zero
food waste" something easy and desirable for both businesses and consumers.

NOTE: Doors open at 6:15p. To respect the time of our speakers and guests,
the event will begin promptly at 6:30p.

Please note that tickets are non-refundable.

If you have any questions, please contact the GreenHomeNYC Forums group at
forums at greenhomenyc.org.

*Register HERE
<https://greenhomenyc-forum-sustainable-food-trends.eventbrite.com/?aff=GHNL>!*

Thanks for sharing!
--

Liza Chiu <http://www.linkedin.com/in/lizachiu> | Volunteer | GreenHomeNYC
| liza at greenhomenyc.org

Visit us online: www.greenhomenyc.org

Follow us on LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/greenhomenyc/>,
Twitter <https://twitter.com/Greenhomenyc>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/greenhomenyc/>

Like us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/GreenHomeNYC>

Join the conversation and connect with us on LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/4328298/> and Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/greenhomenyc/>