[SPN-Discussion] August 21st: Join us for Health and Justice for All

Tara DePorte tara at humanimpactsinstitute.org
Wed Jul 29 10:02:54 PDT 2020

[image: 2.png]

Health and Justice for All

A youth-led conversation with NYC visionaries

Join the Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> and Old
Stone House <https://theoldstonehouse.org/> for this FREE, youth-led
conversation about health, justice, and creative communities in NYC.  Learn
from policy, health, and education experts on how we can keep our families
safe and healthy, while leading the way for an equitable and fair “new
normal”.

*Friday, August 21st, 12-1pm NYC-time*

*FREE RSVP here>>
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/health-and-justice-for-all-tickets-115216830642>*

All ages are welcome.  All NYC-based attendees will receive a voucher for
FREE water and soil testing from the Human Impacts Institute (quantities
are limited).

Note: Participaction link and password will be provided upon registration.
Special guests include:

Lubna Ahmed is the Director of Environmental Health at WE ACT for
Environmental Justice. She is passionate about working at the community
level to build capacity and advance the sustainable well-being of
under-resourced populations.

Kizzy Charles-Guzmán is the Deputy Director of the NYC Mayor's Office of
Resiliency, leading efforts to ensure that our neighborhoods,
community-based organizations, workforce, and small businesses are ready to
withstand and emerge stronger from the impacts of climate change.

Diane Exavier is a writer, theatermaker, and educator who creates
performances, public programs, and games that invite audiences to
participate in a theater that rejects passive reception. With a point of
departure located in Caribbean Diaspora, Diane explores what she calls the
4L’s: love, loss, legacy, and land.

(Facilitator) Ajani Stella is a 13-year-old is a climate activist and
founding member of the Human Impacts Institute’s Youth Advisory Council. He
has spoken to the Teacher's Pension Fund Board of Directors with 350.org,
urging them to divest their funds from fossil fuels; has been interviewed
at the Ethical Culture Society; and was a featured youth activist on the
French and German television program ARTE.

Funding for this event was provided from the Environmental Protection Fund
as administered by the New York State Department of Environmental
Conservation.

Tara DePorte
she/her/hers
*Executive Director and Founder*
*The Human Impacts Institute <http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org> *
Tara at HumanImpactsInstitute.org
*Office:* +1 917 727 9761
*IG/FB: *@humanimpactinstitute <http://instagram.com/humanimpactsinstitute>
*Twitter* @HumanImpacts <http://twitter.com/humanimpacts>

*Tara DePorte Art, Teaching, and Speaking*
TaraDePorte.com <http://www.taradeporte.com/>