[SPN-Discussion] Monday, September 21, 7:00 P.M. Project Drawdown Event and Climate Week NYC

Elisa Dicaprio lisa.dicaprio at nyu.edu
Tue Sep 15 18:01:39 PDT 2020

Dear all: Please consider attending this virtual, Monday September 21, 7:00
p.m. Climate Week NYC event on Project Drawdown. I am also providing the
website link for all Climate Week NYC events. Lisa DiCaprio

Project Drawdown, Climate Week Virtual Event, Monday, September 21, 2020,
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. This event is free, but you must register here:
https://www.climateweeknyc.org/event/drawdown-2020-time-now

For an overview of Project Drawdown, see my article, Lisa DiCaprio, The
Drawdown Project to Reverse Global Warming - Educational Resources:
https://atlantic2.sierraclub.org/content/drawdown-project-reverse-global-warming-%E2%80%94-educational-resources

For the schedule of all Climate Week NYC Events (9/21 to 9/27) see:
https://www.climateweeknyc.org

September 21, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. DRAWDOWN EVENT SUMMARY:

*D**RAWDOWN 2020: The Time is Now *

Meet the researchers and scientists who have identified existing solutions
and practices that are restoring the biodiversity and balance that evolved
over millions of years.

*Hear* from inspiring and determined individuals, communities and leaders
from around the world who are successfully implementing solutions to the
climate crisis.

*Learn* how transformational leaders in business, filmmaking, economics,
politics and youth activists are helping move us from a model of
competition to cooperation.

*Watch* award winning film clips showing the interconnectedness of all
ecosystems and how regeneration is possible in our lifetime.

Find out how you can be part of the solution too!

Join Co-Hosts Lynne Twist, Co-Founder Pachamama Alliance and author, “Soul
of Money” and Amanda Joy Ravenhill, Executive Director, The Buckminster
Fuller Institute

Participants include Chad Frischmann, VP Research for Project Drawdown;
John Liu, Award Winning Filmmaker and Founder of Eco-Restoration Camps;
Damon Gameau, Award Winning Filmmaker 2040; Alexandria Villasenor, Youth
Climate Activist and Louie Psihoyos, Academy Award Winning filmmaker and
more.

Dr. Lisa DiCaprio
Associate Director of Curriculum
Clinical Associate Professor of Social Sciences
NYU School of Professional Studies
Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies
7 East 12th Street, Room 623G
New York, NY 10003
(212) 998-7118